My Favorite Quotes:

A person's a PERSON no matter how small... -Dr. Seuss

I am a little pencil in the hand of God who is sending a love letter to the world. - Mother Teresa

The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to THINK, than WHAT to think- rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with the thoughts of other men. - James Beattie


Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving... and some Turkey "licious" snacks!

Scarlett and I decided to make some cookie and candy turkeys... we have seen many variations of these all around the blogosphere and here is our rendition! Enjoy!

 Scarlett and I used shortbread chocolate striped cookies - one for the "wings" on the back and one for the "body" at the bottom.  We used chocolate icing as the "glue"  to glue the cookies together and then we glued a Rollo on the front and a candy corn as the beak on top.  Pretty cute!
 The second turkey we just completely made up together... Scarlett actually helped me figure out how to do the head of the turkey! She is so creative sometimes!! I was about to give up and she stuck the head on top of a toothpick- perfect!

 They are pretty self explanitory- from the pictures... a Reese's pieces cup for the body.  3 toothpicks with gumdrops for feathers and a 1/2 toothpick with candy corn for the head!
I have so many things to be thankful for but mostly for my husband who works hard for us everyday so we can have the things we need and I can be at home with my sweet girls.  I am also thankful for two beautiful, funny, intelligent little ladies, Scarlett and Lily... and our soon to be 3rd baby girl... thankful that this pregnancy is going well and that baby #3 looks to be healthy just like our first two.  Praise God!
I am also very thankful for all of my family and my husband's family- they are SOOO awesome! And I am thankful for the friends we have made through the years... my oldest friends and my newest friends... they are all special to me in different ways.  I feel very blessed for all I have.
Happy Thanksgiving- Enjoy the holiday season!

No comments: