My Favorite Quotes:

A person's a PERSON no matter how small... -Dr. Seuss

I am a little pencil in the hand of God who is sending a love letter to the world. - Mother Teresa

The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to THINK, than WHAT to think- rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with the thoughts of other men. - James Beattie


Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 4- Thanksgiving and Not So Much Tot School...

This week our Tuesday and Thursday Tot School was replaced by lots of holiday busy"ness"!!

We were able to meet up with friends and talked to a Montessori teacher who showed the little ones some great activities. Here she is demonstrating picking up marbles with tongs and placing them on the tiny suction cups (from a soap holder).


I had been wanting to make a cute BUTTON turkey- I have seen them all over blogs- but copied the idea from Confessions of a Homeschooler. So I quickly made it the day before we flew out to Southern Indiana for Thanksgiving. (I thought it might be a fun "quiet" activity for Scarlett on the airplane!)


Scarlett really enjoyed the Button Turkey! She was pretty good at it too- she only got frustrated with one feather and eventually she did it! :) She was very proud and I had to pass it over to her Daddy to show him too.


Then she took the feathers off and wanted to do it again! She was great on the plane ride! Wish I could say the same about her 1 year old little sister! ha!

When we arrived in Southern Indiana we met up with my cousins and their kiddos and my grandfather. We had a great time seeing everyone and Scarlett told me her cousins were her "best friends" just a few minutes after they met! They played so much they all wore each other out!!

We rented a room in the hotel for the whole family to have Thanksgiving- the food was delicious and the company was even better. Finally we all passed out Christmas gifts (since we only see each other every 2-3 years) and we had mini-Christmas! Lily was having a blast opening the presents!!This week we will really get back into TOT school- as well as celebrating ADVENT and decorating for Christmas (we are a little behind with all the traveling!)
The holidays are upon us- and I LOVE ALL THE MADNESS!

** BECOME A FOLLOWER- I'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU!! :)


For more GREAT TOT ideas check out 1+1+1=1 : TOT SCHOOL!!



6 comments:

Counting Coconuts said...

How fun you were able to get a Montessori teacher to come in!

And great job on the turkey, it turned out really cute! I didn't know Confessions made one too - I'll have to check it out!! :)

Jo Shabo said...

Yes Mari- Ann - she had a pattern for it... I am only as good as a pattern (I'm not good at creating that kind of stuff myself- ha!)

Michelle said...

I love the button turkey!! That is really great that you were able to have a Montessori Teacher come in...you must have been very excited :0)

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

Your button turkey is great! Thanks.

Goat Gal said...

I love the opening presents face! So sweet!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Great turkey and transfer activity. It's great that Scarlett was so good on the plane. We flew several times with our daughter, and it was not really enjoyable. I dread going to Germany next summer.