My Favorite Quotes:

A person's a PERSON no matter how small... -Dr. Seuss

I am a little pencil in the hand of God who is sending a love letter to the world. - Mother Teresa

The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to THINK, than WHAT to think- rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with the thoughts of other men. - James Beattie


Sunday, January 10, 2010

When my 3 year old "gets GROWED up"...

Scarlett: "Mommy when I get growed up I am going to marry Daddy, ok?"  (she has been saying this a lot lately)

Me:  "Sure sweetie."

Scarlett: "Well, we are going to dance when we get married... and you can be there too, okay?"

Me:  "What will I be doing if you and Daddy are dancing?"

Scarlett: "You can sit with grandma and watch if you want to..."         (Can't ya just FEEL the love?!  LOL!!)


(Back story-- we just got back from a wedding... Scarlett is just enamored with the thought of weddings at the moment, and Daddy is still her "prince charming"... which I think is very sweet... actually bittersweet since it won't last long...)

3 comments:

Counting Coconuts said...

Oh bless her. This is just too cute.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

My daughter, also three is going through the same thing. She is marrying daddy as well. I think it is so sweet and I am enjoying it, because I too know it will not last forever. Have you heard the song Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman? If not...check it out!

And thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is too funny. My daughter sometimes thinks that she and I can get married when she is older :) Love your focus on fairy tales - good luck!